[Haskell-cafe] consulting and contracting

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Wed Dec 16 01:14:33 EST 2009

I forgot to mention another important factor below: the fact that there
are other well-known companies in the financial industry using Haskell,
even if only in particular niches, makes the case quite a bit easier to
make than if no-one else were known to be using it.  Among other things,
this makes it easier to make the case of a competitive advantage to be
had -- if there were no other users, the question would be "if it's so
good, why isn't anyone else using it?"

The existence of a few papers and presentations about use of Haskell use
in finance also helps.