[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hemkay, the 100% Haskell MOD player

M Xyz functionallyharmonious at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 17:53:07 EST 2009

--- On Mon, 12/14/09, M Xyz <functionallyharmonious at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: M Xyz <functionallyharmonious at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hemkay, the 100% Haskell MOD player
To: "Patai Gergely" <patai_gergely at fastmail.fm>
Date: Monday, December 14, 2009, 5:50 PM

--- On Mon, 12/14/09, Patai Gergely <patai_gergely at fastmail.fm> wrote:
Also, the actual mixing (limited to the mixChunk
function) is embarrassingly slow, and I wonder how much it could be
improved without leaving the pure world.

The program uses Portaudio for playback...

Patai, I asked a similar question about a week ago, inquiring about efficient buffers
for audio. I got a good response:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/67258/focus=67293

Working with immutable trees instead of arrays still freaks me out, but page 289 of RWH
actually made me feel a little better about it. :)