[Haskell-cafe] Re: How Can Haskell Be Saved?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 03:44:49 EST 2009

Hello Erik,

>> I also pointed out that Windows NT had a fully compliant
>> POSIX subsystem, by design, and that Microsoft cared at least enough
>> about POSIX support to buy the company that made what is now SUA.

> How does that explain things like fstat() and stat() returning different
> values for the same file:

POSIX is a *subsystem*. you are using Win32 subsystem. There is also
OS2 subsystem for execution of 16-bit OS/2 programs

partial emulation of POSIX API in C compiler libraries has nothing
common with subsystem implemented as part of the OS. you have never
used POSIX subsystem actually (and btw, it's absent in Win9x line)

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com