[Haskell-cafe] Re: How Can Haskell Be Saved?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 03:44:49 EST 2009

Hello Erik,

>> I also pointed out that Windows NT had a fully compliant
>> POSIX subsystem, by design, and that Microsoft cared at least enough
>> about POSIX support to buy the company that made what is now SUA.

> How does that explain things like fstat() and stat() returning different
> values for the same file:

POSIX is a *subsystem*. you are using Win32 subsystem. There is also
OS2 subsystem for execution of 16-bit OS/2 programs

partial emulation of POSIX API in C compiler libraries has nothing
common with subsystem implemented as part of the OS. you have never
used POSIX subsystem actually (and btw, it's absent in Win9x line)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com