[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: PCLT-0.1 and PCLT-DB-0.1

Andrey Sisoyev Andrejs.Sisojevs at nextmail.ru
Fri Dec 11 23:01:09 EST 2009

Hello, cafe!

It's an honor for me to announce my first two packages, I developed in
Haskell:
** http://hackage.haskell.org/package/PCLT
** http://hackage.haskell.org/package/PCLT-DB

"PCLT" is an abbreviation for "Parametric Composable Localizable Templates"
- in fact it should also hold Detalizable. Term "Detailizable content
(message)" in this package has a following meaning: some content,
representing which it is possible to regulate, in how much details it is
represented.
"Localizable" means "localizable in languages", which is "a message is
available in multiple languages".
"Composable" - it is possible to compose multiple templates into one.

Conceptually, this package is a powerful extension to the well known Show
class. Whenever you feel, that common Show is not enough for your needs,
please consider using my PCLT. The extension is thought to be embedded in
any Haskell program, which requires multilingual support, and/or where
messages should be detailizable.

PCLT-DB is an addon to PCLT, which enhances catalog with PostgreSQL powers.
ER diagram:
http://i1.fastpic.ru/big/2009/1212/f0/5b9845716e5a6984e9bc9d62a61928f0.png

Both packages are well documented, has "Hello World" examples, and are
selfexamples - the PCLT errors representations are available in two
languages: English and Russian. Used license: LGPL.

Regards,
Andrey Sisoyev