pexports Was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] binding to C libraries on Windows was Low Level Audio - Writing bytes to the sound card?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:42:14 EST 2009

Hi All,

Would a pure Haskell version of pexports be useful to the Haskell community?

For a Sunday afternoon hack that turned out to take a bit more effort
(its now Wednesday), I thought I'd code up a tool that extracts
function symbols from .dll's (also when I first looked at the C
pexports it seemed somewhat unadopted, though checking today it
appears to in MinGW, so my local MinGW must be out-of-date).

If there are compelling uses that aren't covered by pexports and would
ease Haskell C binding problems on Windows, I don't mind polishing up
my tool, but otherwise I've exhausted my natural interest.

Best wishes

Stephen