[Haskell-cafe] OpenAL and Hsndfile

Matthew adnorm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:37:45 EST 2009

Yesterday, I set out to accomplish the challenge of loading and
playing a sound from a file.
So far, my attempts have resulted only in silence... rather
disheartening after all the effort
it took to get everything to build and run cleanly.

I currently take the following steps:
- Load samples from file into an IOCArray using hsndfile
- Create an OpenAL buffer which points to the IOCArray
- Play sound using OpenAL
code is at: http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=13836

I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with these libraries can tell
me if I'm using them
sanely or not.  Alternatively, if anyone has a favorite sound library
and can help me get
started with that, I'd be very grateful.

-Matt