[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hakyll-0.1

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Tue Dec 8 03:22:45 EST 2009

> Tom Tobin wrote:
>
> The 3 clause BSD license is officially a GPL compatible license.  See:
>
>    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
>
> It is within the terms of the GPL to link GPL code to a bunch of BSD3 code
> as long as you abide by both the GPL and the BSD3 license.

That really just means that BSD3 code can be used in GPL code;  you still have to release your own code as GPL if you are including any GPL code.

Having said that...

>> I *really* wish Pandoc would switch to a non-copyleft license.
>
> The LGPL is still a copyleft license. Do you still have a problem
> with that?

If Pandoc is LGPL, then I think that means we are dealing with an entirely different situation, one in which the library user can choose whatever license he or she likes for his or her own code as long as any modifications to the LGPL'd library itself are released under the LGPL.

Cheers,
Greg