[Haskell-cafe] Hayoo and Hoogle (beginner question)

drostin77 ml.nwgreen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:11:45 EST 2009

Thanks for all the answers, in particular the history (quoted) was
informative!  So for now the answer is indeed probably to use both, starting
with Hoogle if I am searching by type.  And if you do find that old hayoo
command line search script yes please :P (esp the offline one, I do so much
studying on airplanes that even if I couldn't download the package knowing I
didn't need to build it myself would be great)!  If I get irked enough at
the browser to hack together a wget/cut/grep (or-dare-i-say-ruby) script to
search hayoo from bash I will post it somewhere haskelly!