[Haskell-cafe] ANN: readline-statevar-1.0.1.0

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:47:33 EST 2009

Hello

I am happy to announce a release of small package called readline-statevar.
It's a small wrapping library around readline, which in turn wraps
libreadline. The reason I wrote it is because I wasn't happy with the API of
readline. It was composed of tons of functions like setX/getX, where there
could be just one StateVar instead, yielding OpenGL-kind API.

This version aims to match readline-1.0.1.0. (Hence the version number
chosen). I wrote it mostly manually, with a little help from my emacs-fu, so
there is a chance I missed a thing or two.

There is git repo available [1], along with issue tracker [2] and Hackage
page [3]. Feel encouraged to:
> cabal update
> cabal install readline-statevar
And give it a try!