[Haskell-cafe] inotify-alike for mac os x?

Ross Mellgren rmm-haskell at z.odi.ac
Fri Dec 4 11:31:48 EST 2009

kqueue is the "low level" interface, but requires that you handle all
file system events as they happen, and fast. There is a higher level
interface called fsevents (with accompanying daemon fseventsd) which
allows you a more calm way to read the file system events.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/FSEvents_ProgGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

I think launchd just happens to have an integration to kqueue or
fseventsd, I'm not sure launching a program every time a file changes
would be the best thing :-)

-Ross