[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Second Call for Copy: Monad.Reader Issue 15

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Dec 4 03:51:03 EST 2009

Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> writes:

> It's not too late to write something for Issue 15 of the Monad.Reader!

> Whether you're an established academic or have only just started
> learning Haskell, if you have something to say, please consider
> writing an article for The Monad.Reader!

One thing that'd make a *very* useful contribution, would be reviews
comparing different libraries that overlap in scope.  We have a large
selection of libraries now, but it's hard for users to know which ones
provide industry-grade usability, and which ones are merely proofs of
concept.

So, if you're wondering what library to use for some particular purpose,
why not try a set of them and mail the results to Brent?  GtkHs vs
wxWidgets vs ..., diagram vs graphics-drawingcombinators vs Chart vs...,
database libraries, XML parsing libraries, and so on and so on.

-k