[Haskell-cafe] inotify-alike for mac os x?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Dec 3 22:27:25 EST 2009

I'd like to make some FRPish toys that keep files updated to have functional
relationships with other files.  hinotify looks like just the sort of
underlying magic I could use for efficient implementation on linux.  Is
there any support for mac os x?  Could support be either added to hinotify
or maybe inotify and a mac-friendly library be abstracted into a common
Haskell interface?  I'm fine with an imperative interface, since I can
abstract into a functional library, which I guess would be a sort of
persistent simplified FRP.

   - Conal