[Haskell-cafe] Finding HP

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 17:46:13 EST 2009

>> It would perhaps be better to have one nice big "Download" button
>> that
>> takes you to a separate download page.
>
> Having a single download link that only points to the Haskell Platform
> would be a bit of a policy shift.

... but that was *not* what was suggested.

The suggestion was to have a single Download button, leading to a
*page* of suitably described links, allowing the user to choose
whether they only wanted the basics (a choice of compiler/interpreter
+ cabal), or the whole Platform, or something else.  It would be the
ideal place to explain what cabal is and how to use hackage to get
more libraries than are contained in the platform.  It would perhaps
reduce the clutter on the front page that some people complained of
(although I don't personally think it cluttered).

Regards,
     Malcolm