Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Optimization with Strings ?

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:13:34 EST 2009

Use makeStableName from System.Mem.StableName

StableName`s are just for checking pointer equality. Instead of checking for
equality of the strings, check for pointer equality of their stableNames

a dirty way:
pointerEq x y= unsafePerformIO $ do
       px <- makeStableName x
       py <- makeStableName  y
       return x == y

pEq  x  y |  pointerEq x y == True = True
              | otherwise = x == y

2009/12/3 David Virebayre
<dav.vire+haskell at gmail.com<dav.vire%2Bhaskell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Emmanuel CHANTREAU