[Haskell-cafe] Card games

Matthias Görgens matthias.goergens at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:03:21 EST 2009

Hi Tom,

Did you make any progress on your Dominion quest?  I guess you could
start by modeling `Big Money' and add the other cards (and
interaction) from there.

Also I guess there is a common baseline of things that are inherent in
a lot of card games --- mechanics that cards support: Shuffling,
having two sides, hiding one of two sides, picking a random card from
a subset (or at least one where you can only see one side), placing
cards in constellations on a table (with one side up).  I guess with a
bit of type system trickery you can even make sure that strategies
don't look at the sides of the cards they are not supposed to look at
--- without having to do any other information hiding like only
providing access by getter functions.

Matthias.