[Haskell-cafe] universal binary version of Haskell Platform?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:52:35 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 14:05 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
> Recently, in changing my work schedule to work mainly from home, I
> switched from mainly using a work Wintel machine running Windows XP
> Professional, Service Pack 3, to mainly using my home PowerPC G4
> PowerBook Macintosh, currently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard.
>
> However, to my surprise, there does not seem to be a version of the
> Haskell Platform that runs natively on my current OS.
>
> Does anybody know where to find a universal binary version of the
> Haskell Platform, or at least of GHC 6.10.4?  Otherwise, I'm stuck
> without a native version.

There no binary platform installer for OSX PPC. You'll have to grab
ghc-6.10.4 for PPC from the ghc download page and then install the
platform from the generic source tarball.

If you'd like to help us next time to make a platform binary for PPC
then that'd be great. I don't think we have the setup to make universal
binaries but it should be possible to make a PPC build if we have a
volunteer.

Duncan