[Haskell-cafe] Snow Leopard Breaks GHC

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 10:06:12 EDT 2009

Well the old binaries for Leopard already work on Snow Leopard.  The problem
is the code generated by the GHC compiler doesn't create correct 64bit code
when invoking gcc, and gcc on Snow Leopard defaults to 64bit code now.  The
solution is to use -m32 in the invocation of gcc by default for Snow
Leopard, or to make it emit correct 64bit code.
Given all of the above, I don't think there's any "porting" work to be done.