[Haskell-cafe] Slow IO?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:51:29 EDT 2009

Hello Peter,

Sunday, August 30, 2009, 4:36:55 PM, you wrote:

>> I compared the top 10 C/C++ results against the top 10 Haskell results:
> So to me it seems he's not talking about his code.

well, he talks about 20 programs

> Anyway, I thought Haskell's ByteString IO should not be that much slower anyway.

what you mean by ByteString IO speed? speed of reading 100 gb file?
speed of reading 1 byte? speed of readInt? speed of those 10 programs?
these all are different things, and talking about ByteString IO speed
is the same as talking of speed of red cars

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com