Re[Haskell-cafe] [2]: Re[2]: Reduction Sequence of simple Fibonacci sequence implementation

staafmeister g.c.stavenga at
Fri Aug 28 07:03:13 EDT 2009

Bulat Ziganshin-2 wrote:
> Hello staafmeister,
> Friday, August 28, 2009, 2:34:07 PM, you wrote:
>> Well in case I call (prod list) again it could lookup the reference and
>> see
> so it should keep a list of all values ever computed in program,
> together with their expressions? :) are you like idea of prod[1..10^6]
> computation taking 10 mbytes of memory?

The list you give prod is also 10 MB so it not a terribly inefficient
It's a factor of 2. Well haskell also has often a factor of 2 overhead with
respect to C and people are not terribl concerned about that
Sent from the Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list archive at