Re[Haskell-cafe] duction Sequence of simple Fibonacci sequence implementation

staafmeister g.c.stavenga at
Fri Aug 28 05:54:38 EDT 2009

Thanks for the memo trick! Now I understand that the haskell compiler
cannot memoize functions of integers, because it could change the space
behaviour. However I think it could memoize everything else. Because all
types that are data objects sitting in memory (so the arg is essentially a
can be memoized, without changing the space properties (except for overall
constants). Does haskell do this? And if it doesn't can you turn it on?

Cheers, Gerben
Sent from the Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list archive at