[Haskell-cafe] Applicative and Monad transformers

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:20:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Martijn van Steenbergen <
martijn at van.steenbergen.nl> wrote:

> Another example is parsing: I believe Doaitse's parsers allow more
> optimization if they are only used in applicative style (but I'm not sure of
> this).

That is correct. When you glue together P_m's applicatively the applicative
P_f 'future' parser can be used, but when you use it monadically the context
sensitive parts are glued together using the monadic P_h 'history' parser.

-Edward Kmett