[Haskell-cafe] ANN: epoll bindings 0.1.1

Toralf Wittner toralf.wittner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:53:33 EDT 2009

Hi, I am pleased to announce the release of epoll bindings 0.1.1 available from:

Epoll is an I/O event notification facility for Linux similar to poll
but with good scaling characteristics. Currently the bindings are
fairly low level and close to the C API. In the future I hope to add
some buffer or stream abstraction on top. Eventually, when GHC can
make use of epoll/kqueue etc. in addition to select, this library will
not be needed anymore. Until then it might be useful for applications
which monitor large numbers of file descriptors.