[Haskell-cafe] ANN: rss2irc 0.3 released

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Aug 24 15:28:38 EDT 2009

rss2irc is an irc bot created by Don Stewart to watch rss feeds and
announce new items on irc. I have been tweaking and testing it for a
while, and have taken up the maintainer reins. I'm happy to announce
release 0.3, with:

- reliable http networking
- irc flood protection
- better error handling & reporting
- extensive debugging output
- Atom support
- more useful defaults (enter channel silently, hide email addresses
etc.)
- precise control of irc output, including regexp rewrites
- installable on mac osx

Feedback and patches welcome. I am currently using it to run a number
of announce-bots on freenode, including hackagebot and darcscommitbot.
(A tip: if you experiment, avoid joining the irc server too
frequently; once per minute may be ok.)

home: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/rss2irc
darcs repo: http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=rss2irc

-Simon