[Haskell-cafe] Linking problem with GHCi

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:06:02 EDT 2009

With a specific package (bindings-common, with the latest version
in hackage) if I ask GHCi to read it I get:

ghc-6.8.2: /home/mauricio/lib/bindings-common-0.2.5/ghc-6.8.2/HSbindings-common-0.2.5.o: unknown symbol `atexit'

If I build a library or executable cabal package depending on it,
I have no problems. Also, if I remove that 'atexit' wrap from
'bindings-common' I don't get this ghci error message anymore.

Why would just this 'atexit' function be a problem? It's wrap
does work well, and I can use it from a Haskell program through
bindings-common (although not in ghci, of course).

This happens at least in ghc-6.8.2 and 6.10.3.

Thanks,
Maurício