[Haskell-cafe] Help starting a Haskell blog

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 12:56:16 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Peter Verswyvelen<bugfact at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you share your experiences with me about starting a blog?
> BTW: I'm on Windows.

I've found it hard work to post a mixture of English, Mathematics and
Haskell. Neither of the most popular blogging web sites are very
helpful in this regard: wordpress.com and blogger.com. I did write a
little Haskell program to do some markup suitable for blogger.com but
it's very limited for embedding mathematics, knowing only a handful of
TeX commands, and doesn't play well with blogger's system for
uploading images. Wordpress looked good at first but I found all kinds
of problems with it.

I guess I should force myself to catch up with the 21st century and
learn how to write code to talk directly to these web sites, but I
find it hard to motivate myself to be interested in writing code for
all that HTML/XML/ATOM/<Insert your favourite acronym here> stuff. (I
think my day job is one of the few remaining software jobs that hasn't
been XMLified.)

But I've seen lots of nice Haskell blogs with embedded mathematics so
there must be good solutions out there. What are they?

What I'd really like is to blog in PDF.
--
Dan