[Haskell-cafe] (no subject)

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:28:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Sebastian
Sylvan<sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that there must be standard function that can do this. What do
>> experienced Haskellers use?
>
> I usually just whip up a quick parser using Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec

I usually prefer ReadP for quick stuff, for an unknown reason.  I
guess it feels like there is less infrastructure to penetrate, it
gives me the primitives and I structure the parser according to my
needs.

But yeah, I think parser combinators are the way to go.  It's really
not much work at all once you get the hang of it.