[Haskell-cafe] Unifcation and matching in Abelian groups

John D. Ramsdell ramsdell0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:51:58 EDT 2009

Let me put all my cards on the table.  You see, I really am only
slightly irrigated by offset syntax.  In contrast, I am a strong
proponent of functional programming for parallel programming.  In my
opinion, it has to be the "new way" for multiprocessor machines.  Just
think about it and if other paradym could possibly work.  We've tried
many on them.  Many years ago, I wrote SISAl programs.  There were
many good ideas in SISAL, but it did not catch on.  Perhaps Data
Parallel Haskell will catch on.  In my opinion, something like it is
the ``answer.''  Even though the code I submitted is not parallel,
I've thought about how to make it so.  And isn't thinking parallelism
iour future?  I think so.

John