[Haskell-cafe] Hugs used in circuit simulations code

Fernan Bolando fernanbolando at mailc.net
Wed Aug 19 10:39:36 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Daniel
Fischer<daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 29 Juli 2009 03:32:20 schrieb Fernan Bolando:
>> What is everybodies expereience in speed difference between C and
>> interpreted haskell?
>
> That depends on what you do, unsurprisingly. But usually it's huge. A factor of several
> hundred is not uncommon, but 10-100 is the normal range (in my limited experience, I
> almost always compile).

Hi Daniel and other

thanks for the feedback the old simulation that took 13mins now only
takes 2mins. I included a bunch of tweaking options. Someone needs to
have a considerable knowledge in the circuit they are simulating and
circuit simulator to be able tweak these. I am not that guy though all
the tweak strategy are based on a bunch of papers I have been reading
lately and blindly implements them.

thanks again for the feedback. The new code is still not very haskelly
but its a lot more useful now.
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/fernan/escomma/

--
http://www.fernski.com