[Haskell-cafe] Unifcation and matching in Abelian groups

John D. Ramsdell ramsdell0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:45:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Neil Mitchell<ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not:
>  if done then return () else
>    do prob <- getLine
>       test prob
>       main

I've given up on using if-then-else in do expressions.  They confuse
emacs.  There is a proposal for Haskell' to fix the problem, but until
then, I will not use them in do expressions.

I'm so glad new languages do not use the offset rule.  I get tired
typing tab in emacs, especially since for most other languages, emacs
does so well at picking a good indent.  Requiring coders to spend so
much time choosing indents reminds me of the days when I wrote C code
with vi.  I've been there, done that, and moved on to emacs.

>  unless done $
>    do prob <- getLine
>       test prob
>       main