[Haskell-cafe] Request for Comments - hscurrency 0.0.1

jeff p mutjida at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 21:08:37 EDT 2009

Hello,

To let the type checker do some work for you, without getting all the
way into the territory of the dimensional package, you can use
newtypes and a Units class with methods for wrapping and unwrapping
Doubles; we use this approach at work and find it strikes a nice
balance between useful (static typechecking) and usable (unobtrusive
to introduce to existing codebase). Just as in your code, conversions
are written explicitly by us and can change when needed (with a
recompile), or can require an IO action to make use of changing data.

-Jeff