[Haskell-cafe] Re: DDC compiler and effects; better than Haskell?

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sun Aug 16 09:33:50 EDT 2009

I forgot about links. In that case, consider:
getUniqueFilesInDirRecursive.

Attacking irrelevant details in an argument is often called a
"strawman attack". Such attacks are pointless because they do not
address the real substance of the issue. My example is easily modified
to avoid the issues you raise.

Consider the fact that many file-based operations _can and are
parallelized manually by developers_. The challenge for next
generation language and effect system designers is to figure out _how_
such operations can be automatically parallelized, given sufficient
constraints, high-level constructs, and a powerful effect system.

Saying, "I don't know exactly how it will look," is quite a bit
different from saying "It can't be done." I claim the former.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration