DDC compiler and effects; better than Haskell? (was Re: [Haskell-cafe] unsafeDestructiveAssign?)

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Aug 13 09:25:12 EDT 2009

Hmmm, bad example. Assume memory instead. That said, reordering/
parallelization of *certain combinations of* writes/reads to
independent files under whole program analysis is no less safe than
sequential writes/reads. It just "feels" less safe, but the one thing
that will screw both up is interference from outside programs.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration