[Haskell-cafe] Network.Curl and posting XML data

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Aug 11 22:55:33 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I need to do a HTTP post of XML data (Content-type == "text/xml") to
a HTTP (eventually HTTPS) server and to retrieve both the response
code and some returned XML data.

I have had an extensive read of the haskell-curl docs:

as well as playing around with some code, but haskell-curl doesn't
seem to support this. I've tried curlPost which along with not
returning a response also insists on encoding my XML data as
application/x-www-form-urlencoded which simply doesn't work.

Anyone ben able to get something like this to work? Are there any
alternatives to haskell-curl which will work for my application?

Erik de Castro Lopo