[Haskell-cafe] Haskell's type system compared to CLOS

Matthias-Christian Ott ott at mirix.org
Tue Aug 11 18:45:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:20:02PM +0100, Philippa Cowderoy wrote:
> Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
>> What has Haskell to provide what Common Lisp and Dylan haven't?
> Static typing (with inference). Very large difference, that.

That's true. This is a big advantage when compiling programmes. But as
far as I know type inference is not always decidable in Haskell. Am I
right?

Dylan does type inference too and Hannes Mehnert is currently working on
better type inference for the dylan compiler [1].

Regards,
Matthias-Christian

[1] https://berlin.ccc.de/wiki/Dem_Compiler_beim_Optimieren_zuschauen