[Haskell-cafe] unsafeDestructiveAssign?

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:45:29 EDT 2009

Ga! Before to many people start flooding me responses of "This is really
dumb idea don't do it!" I would like to clarify that for the most part
IKnowWhatI'mDoing(TM)

I am well aware of the usual ST/IORefs as the usual solutions to data
mutability in haskell.
I very very much understand purity, and why it is a good thing, and why we
should try to stay away from IO and ST as much as possible.
I am very much away that even if I had such a function that it will probably
break everything.
I am not just trying to make things run faster.

What I am trying to do is hyper unusual and I really do need an
unsafeHorribleThings to do it.

- Job