[Haskell-cafe] unsafeDestructiveAssign?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:23:53 EDT 2009

Hello Job,

Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 7:48:45 PM, you wrote:

> I'm also looking for a way to make actual copies of data.
> so I could do something like this:

i think you are just going non-FP way. haskell is great for declaring
algorithms in pure mathematical way - as a function projecting input
values into results. "updating" is just word from another world

just for example - little function that joins two ordered lists
returning list-in-order. note that it doesn't describe any updates, it
describes how to build result from input values:

merge xs [] = xs
merge [] ys = ys
merge (x:xs) (y:ys) | x<y       = x : merge xs (y:ys)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com