[Haskell-cafe] unsafeDestructiveAssign?

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:23:26 EDT 2009

> unsafeHorribleThings

I think we have a name for this new feature.

I can see how something like this would be useful to some areas. There
are many cases (graphs!) where it's just easier to build up structures
destructively, seal them, and return them to happyPureFunTimesLand.

Even if GHC does do just as good of a job as performing the unsafe
button pushing our selves, it would be an interesting exercise.