[Haskell-cafe] Database written in Haskell?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Fri Aug 7 20:15:22 EDT 2009

Hi Alex,

very nice to hear from you and thank you very much for Happs.

I'm quite familiar with IxSet and loved it, however there where a few
things that made it unfeasable for the particular application. It must be
able run on Win2k machines so you can imagine the hardware is rather low
end. As Happs-IxSet runs, to my knowledge, entirely in memory, that was a
problem right there, SQLite does not.

The other thing was that Happs-IxSet uses Data.Set as its backend so to
speak. That meant that duplicates (some of the records are duplicates and
I can't help that) gotten "swallowed" with out me noticing at first, well
apart from the sums no longer adding up of course.

Also Happs IxSet creates elements of the same type or tuple, they are no
projections out of the box.

Günther