[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: The Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 4 07:16:10 EDT 2009

Don Stewart wrote:
> andrewcoppin:
>
>> Maybe I'm being dense... Is there somewhere which lists what's changed
>> from the last release?
>
> Oh, sorry, that will be in the web announcement tomorrow.

No problem. ;-)

Given the Platform's aims, I think it would be a good idea to make it
blindingly obvious how to find a complete changelog for every version of
the platform yet released (plus a release date for each).

> Essentially,
>
>     * GHC 6.10.4
>     * network upgraded to 2.2.1.4
>     * Improvements to the MacOSX installer
>     * Improvements to crazy popular Windows installer
>     * Significant improvements in Debian support for Haskell
>     * Gentoo now has full support for the Haskell Platform

So... mostly just improvements to the installer then? ;-) (Oh, and new
GHC - which AFAIK is mostly a bugfix update anyway...)