Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] funct.prog. vs logic prog., practical Haskell

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:41:29 EDT 2009

The middle road could be Curry <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry>, sorry,
this Curry <http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~curry/>, a functional-logic
language. I know that curry has gained a lot of interest from prolog
programmers. There are compilers from Curry to Prolog. It is a haskell 98
implementation (more or less) with all logic programming features. It can be
seen also as a logic language with haskell syntax. Therefore, its syntax is
more mathematical, rather that the ugly clause-based syntax of Prolog, that
is at odds with anything except with pure aristothelian logic.