[Haskell-cafe] haskell code pretty printer ?

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 03:38:35 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

> is there a pretty printer for haskell code somewhere ? I've googled and
> caballisted for this without success. I've written some small script
> using Language.Haskell.Pretty and Language.Haskell.Parser but the result
> isn't that 'pretty'. I mean, it outputs readable code but
> supercombinator's definitions aren't separated by a blank line for
> instance (despite having put 'spacing' to 'True').
>
> Do you know of such a tool ?

haskell-src-exts [1] is probably as pretty as you get, but it doesn't
differ much at all from haskell-src in its output. I'd be happy to
have any specific complaints about it reported on my trac [2] though,
I'm always keen to improve the product, and if you make your voice
heard then chances are quite good that you get your wish. :-)

Cheers,

/Niklas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
[2] http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts