[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: The Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Aug 2 19:41:43 EDT 2009

andrewcoppin:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>> We're pleased to announce the third release of the Haskell Platform: a
>> single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.
>>
>> The specification, along with installers (including Windows and Unix
>> installers for a full Haskell environment) are available.
>>
>> Download the Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2:
>>
>>     http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/
>>

> Maybe I'm being dense... Is there somewhere which lists what's changed
> from the last release?

Oh, sorry, that will be in the web announcement tomorrow.

Essentially,

    * GHC 6.10.4
    * network upgraded to 2.2.1.4
    * Improvements to the MacOSX installer
    * Improvements to crazy popular Windows installer
    * Significant improvements in Debian support for Haskell
    * Gentoo now has full support for the Haskell Platform