[Haskell-cafe] Re: Help from C libraries experts

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:10:59 EDT 2009

> - they all can use the low-level binding in this package for
> OpenUSB (which is not available now, until some expert on
> that library helps me do it). No need for testing, debugging,
> checking for portability or proper initialization, as all that
> has been taken into account.

Having OpenUSB bindings would be great - I just submitted a proposal for it
on the proper reddit - but like Don, I don't see why having it in a bindings
library is better than having it in a smaller package like "hsOpenUSB".  If
this is all about giving users some sort of quality assurance of the
contained modules then perhaps a metapackage would be good or a haskell
platform like project.

Thomas