[Haskell-cafe] Re: old-time conflict when installing phooey

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 03:16:53 EDT 2009

Daryoush Mehrtash <dmehrtash at gmail.com> writes:

> When I try to install phooey I get conflict with old-time that I am not sure how to resolve.  Any
> ideas?
>> cabal install phooey
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: dependencies conflict: ghc-6.10.1 requires old-time == however
> old-time- was excluded because ghc-6.10.1 requires old-time ==
1. Use command "ghc-pkg list" list package-list, then you will get
two package-list, remove same package that exist *two* package-list.

(Use command "ghc-pkg unregister PackageName -force" remove pacakge).

2. And then remove pacakge old-time-, use command "ghc-pkg
unregister old-time- --force".

Then everything is okay.

  -- Andy