[Haskell-cafe] Haskell/JS -- better through typeclasses?

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sat Apr 25 16:28:34 EDT 2009

I'd like this functionality, as well, but it doesn't exist, at least
for Haskell.

If you don't need a 100% pure functional language, and don't need the
bells and whistles of the Haskell type system, you might be interested
in SML -- a purer relative of the more widely-known Ocaml.

There's a tool for converting SML to JavaScript: http://www.itu.dk/people/mael/smltojs/

It allows you to export SML functions so they can be called by
JavaScript.

Moreover, it has a reactive library built in, does pretty decent
optimization, lets you manipulate the DOM, and is up to version 4.3.5.
Haskell doesn't have anything close!

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.