[Haskell-cafe] "Search" vs "search" vs "search"

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:30:13 EDT 2009

I like this idea. Some comments inline.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM,  <haskell at kudling.de> wrote:
> I'd propose something like the following grouping:
>
> * About Haskell
> ** What is Haskell?
> ** How does Haskell feels like?
> ** Haskell success stories
> ** Getting Started
> *** Installation guide
> *** First steps guides
>
> * Download
>
> * Documentation
> ** Tutorials
> ** How to install packages via Cabal/Hackages
> ** API documentation
> *** Static pages

What would I find under "static pages"? To me, "static pages" sounds
like an implementation detail (i.e. the pages are not generated
dynamically) instead of a description of what they contain.

> *** Hoogle

Perhaps something like "Haskell library search"?

> ** Community

I'd keep community separate from documentation.

> *** Blogs
> *** Events
> *** Projects
>
> * News

In general it's easier for readers to scan a list of items like this
if all items are "parallel", meaning they all follow the same form.
For example, either let all items start with a noun or let them all
start with a verb.

Cheers,

Johan