[Haskell-cafe] Re: Is 78 characters still a good option? Was: breaking too long lines

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 13:06:10 EDT 2009

>> Just a tought: I would like to see a guide talking about the
>> code itself, not about the presentation. (...)

 > (...)
> It's difficult because it's not a question of science, but rather a
> question of aesthetics. And as anyone in the humanities can tell you,
> (...)

Maybe we could learn with them: what about if Haskell Weekly
News had a section on code review, like many newspapers have
book review sections?

My sugestion on how to do this: anyone could send a message to
this list with subject prefix "Code review:". These messages
would link to code and comment on it. If the guys from Haskell
Weekly news think some of them is particularly worthwhile,
they could publish it after asking the author for possible
corrections.

We probably would have a lot of controversy, but I believe it
would be healthfull controversy.

Best,
Maurício