[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

S. Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at swierstra.net
Tue Apr 21 09:42:15 EDT 2009

Maybe it has gone unnoticed, but the main reason we made the compiler
available, was to make it possible for others to experiment with its
type extensions, its Grin based back-end and  to show the advantages
(and disadvantages?) of generating large part of the compiler from an
attribute grammar based descriptions.

If we had been interested in raising fierce discussions about n+k
patterns or how and where cabal installs things, we could have easily
achieved the same effect with much less effort.

  Doaitse Swierstra