[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea, another FRP library

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Tue Apr 21 08:20:03 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 10:06 schrieb Patai Gergely:
> unsafePerformIO is apparently never inlined, i.e. each instance is
> executed once, so sharing works as desired

But expressions that use unsafePerformIO might get inlined.

> CSE is no problem either, it even helps if it's performed (and it is
> with optimisations turned on), since it results in smaller equivalent
> networks

What about evaluation time? If I remember correctly, the values of signals
depend on the time when the signal expressions are evaluated. So evaluating
them multiple times might lead to different behavior. Is this correct?

> I think we can expect it to be fairly well-behaving, because the 'side
> effect' of Elerea primitives is basically the same as that of pure
> values in general: upon evaluation a value is created in the memory and
> we get a reference to it.

But in contrast to ordinary values, you have an internal mutable state, don’t
you?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang