[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Apr 20 20:59:50 EDT 2009

On 20 Apr 2009, at 10:12 pm, Miguel Mitrofanov wrote:

> I disagree. First of all, UHC states explicitly that some features
> are not supported (and probably never would be). Secondly, it seems
> like almost nobody uses (n+k)-patterns,

How can you possibly know that?

> and when they are used, they make the code less readable;

I use them because they make the code *MORE* readable.

Some versions of the 'view' idea can be used to fake n+k patterns,
so I imagine that this argument will be used to ensure that UHC
never ever supports anything resembling views.

If I want something that's almost a Haskell compiler but not
quite, with some interesting extensions, I've known where to
find Clean for a long time.